Power Walking to Music
Tempo exercise 2.0 miles 30 Mins
Walking all in tempo with the music
Cadence 120 -122 avg. 1 mile time: 17 :00 minutes Target: 15:00 minutes
- Songs (Examples):
- 1999 – Prince ( 3:31 ) walking stride
- One Nation Under A Groove – Funkadelic ( 7:31 ) lengthen stride
- Jump Around – House of Pain ( 6:25 ) lengthen stride with breathing exercise at (72 Ct) the chorus 1 ct turn around to backwards marching for 32 Cts Then back to forward until the next chorus
- Treat ‘Em Right – Chubb Rock ( 4:40 ) walking stride
- Uptown Funk – Extended Workout ( Extended Club ). (5:26) In 2 / out 2 (4X) In 4 / out 4, (4 X) In 4 / out 8 (4X)) Your challenge is to work up to In 4 / out 16 (4X), In 4 / out 24 (4X)
This exercise helps with a few things: Tempo, breathing, stride, rolling the feet, balance, feeling the “ AND” count and cardio workout. “ Please do simple lower body stretches for walking – Stretching Routine for Walkers”
- Standing Quadriceps Stretch. Targets: Quadriceps, hip flexors.
- Straight-Leg Calf Stretch. Targets: Calves, hip flexors.
- Standing Figure Four Hip Stretch. Targets: Hips, gluts, lower back.